About My Diary

This blog is a story blog and is meant to be read from the first post, if you read it out of order it might not always make sense. This story is in no way connected with my other one except by the fact that they are both written by me.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A new house

I got my architect and told him what I wanted. I wanted something functional but home like. I wanted something I could live in but entertain nobles in as well. He came up with a marvelous solution and all I had to do was pick materials.
It was very similar to the house I... Knew. It had a lovely stone base but wood planks farther up and it gave it a very comfortable look. On the inside it had a high foyer for greeting guests, a proper dinning hall for holding meetings and small feasts, a parlor for holding parties,a large kitchen, a spacious cellar and a nice amount of rooms for a small squad of servants.
On the outside it had a garden for the cooks, a small chicken coop for eggs and perfect climbing tree. It was an enormous maple and had branches going out perfectly straight, I can't imagine a better tree to sit in. I secretly stole some boards and nails from the project and I figured out that if timed properly I could pound the nails at the same time as the carpenters and no one would hear me. Pretty soon I had a crude ladder going up the trunk and now I had a not so kingly (but very convenient) hiding spot.
My house was situated with a wood behind it and a pond before it, it was far enough from the castle to not hear the hubbub but close enough to see it and walk to it, I highly approved of it and decided I wouldn't just spend time here I would live here.
I made sure all the rooms were furnished and moved three cooks, a maid, a butler, a guard and Jarvis in and we fit quite comfortably.
The house was perfect, it had class and space for parties but was small enough to feel warm and comfortable. I liked my room the best, it had a splendid view of the pond.
In war I might move to the castle because I didn't want a knife in my back but besides that it was perfect in every way I could think of
Now in the next part of the story I shall join an alliance and make friends with neighboring cities but untill then I have to finish cleaning my new room, Jarvis says it will help build character.