About My Diary

This blog is a story blog and is meant to be read from the first post, if you read it out of order it might not always make sense. This story is in no way connected with my other one except by the fact that they are both written by me.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A tour in the age of kings

After almost two whole weeks living the castle life I got to one of those days I just couldn't think of anything to do. I realized I still hadn't toured the grounds and hunted down Jarvis, he wasn't too hard to find, all I had to do was turn around and he was walking straight for me. "Jarvis" I asked, "remember that day when you brought me here and wanted to show me the sights around the castle? Can we do that now?"
"Of course sire, I was wondering if you had forgotten," smiled Jarvis
We immediately snuck out of the castle (it was almost time for the second lesson so we didn't want to be seen) and headed for the miller. "I think you will enjoy almost all our stops." Jarvis told me, "They all have their points of interest." And indeed I enjoyed the miller very much. It was a lovely white building with huge "sails" and it had 3 stories each with it's own function. Each floor had a large clutter of gears in the middle that were very confusing but were fun to dodge. It was fun to run up and down the ladders to watch it go through the process even if it wasn't very king like. Next was the blacksmith who was just as interesting, I could have stayed there and watched him shape the red hot armor all day if Jarvis hadn't dragged me out. The goldsmith was similar but even more mesmerizing, he used the smallest hammer you have ever seen and sometimes just his gloved hand to form a lovely ring for the countess while I was there. After that came the stable but we skipped it since I knew it and went right to the barracks. Soldiers and archers were everywhere, dueling, shooting and doing drills. I even got to shoot a kindly archers bow wich was great fun. After that we took a horseback ride to see where our resources came from, it looked like very hard work but it was funny to watch them from the top of the hill, swarming through the trees and the stones to mine the precious ores, find clay pockets and chop trees. Even though the smithys were fun and the barracks suberb i think that the alchemists was the best stop. This was were all the wizards were trained and the potions concocted and I loved watching them create new things, There was a very large library of science notes and books as well. Last but not least we walked through the residences where the middle classes lived, this part made me wish I had a home like I had... Or had in my dream.(I don't know and I really care anymore it's been so long) As we rode back to the castle I started forming plans for my own residence, it would be much more enjoyable than the cold stone castle and also I wouldnt have to listen to the constant chatter of maids and advisors...