About My Diary

This blog is a story blog and is meant to be read from the first post, if you read it out of order it might not always make sense. This story is in no way connected with my other one except by the fact that they are both written by me.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The ants calm down

Well today I managed to see an any leader without being shot, stabbed, dive-bombed or bitten so it was a success.
I talked it over with him and it seems the ants are indeed at war for territory. I explained to him that this was actually my territory but I would allow them to live there.
He was delighted but cautious as I told him the conditions.
1. The city would be shared by people and ants alike. I would tell my villagers to not intentionally squash any ants and in return the ants won't use bombs, guns or machines in any way that would harm a person.
2. The ants would not wage war amidst the other ants in the city. They were allowed to defend themselves against intruding ants though.
3. They would keep the raids on my villagers and my own pantry to a minimum.
They werent unreasonable and I told him he would get a piece of land close to own house in exchange for some favors. I needed the number of ant nations in the city. I needed him to tell all the other ants my offer and conditions.
He agreed and so far the war has died down to a dull roar.
There is bad news to this splendid day though.
As I feared the different factions of ants are advancing. The ants located near streams and ponds are beginning to form a navy. So far there is only battleships but since they advance so quickly aircraft carriers and submarines can't be far off.
I also hope they limit their ships to large (for ants) machine guns and don't mount any mortars or some form of artillery.
Wish me luck in my first major diplomatic campaign.